SERVES: 4 | ACTIVE TIME: 15 MIN
- 1 lb boneless skinless organic chicken thighs
- 1 jar (12-14 oz) or salsa verde
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup + 1/2 cup chicken stock or bone broth
- 1 (15 oz) can white beans
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker, except for beans, cilantro and lime. Make sure the liquid covers the chicken by about 2 inches. If water level is too low, add stock or water.
- Cover & cook on high for 3-4 hours, or on low for 6-8 hours. You know it is finished when the chicken falls apart when poked with a fork.
- When chicken passes the tenderness test, transfer it from the pot to a cutting board and shred into coarse pieces by pulling apart with two forks.
- Stir chicken back into soup along with both cans of beans.
- Heat remaining 1/2 cup of stock in a skillet or pot and saute cauliflower over med-high heat for ~3-5 min or until tender.
- Divide chili into 4 servings, each serving served over 1/2 cup cooked cauliflower rice. Garnish with fresh cilantro and lime.