SERVES: MANY | ACTIVE TIME: 10 MIN
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary
If using food processor or high speed blender:
- Soak cashews in water for 4 hours or more.
- Drain water and blend cashews in food processor for 5 minutes (scraping sides as you go) with lemon juice, garlic and sea salt.
- Stir in herbs, then use saran wrap to help shape into a ball.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to set.
- Garnish with extra chopped herbs and large flake sea salt.
If using the Nutramilk (I used the butter and smoothie set but either attachment will work):
- Skip soaking step and just add raw cashews, lemon juice, garlic and sea salt to NutraMilk, blend on “butter” setting for ~4 minutes.
- Follow directions above from step 3 on.
This spread is great for feeding large groups. It is both vegan and gluten free. I typically serve it alongside Mary’s Gone Crackers and some honey, but feel free to make it your own!