MAKES: 20 LARGE COOKIES | ACTIVE TIME: 30 MIN
- 1 cup chocolate chips (divided into 2/3 and 1/3)
- 1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp virgin coconut oil
- 2 cups fine almond flour
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 scoops collagen protein powder or PB flavored collagen*
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
*If you’re not into the collagen or the protein powder, substitute with more almond flour — the texture will be a bit different, but still damn good!
- PREPARE: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone non-stick liner
- MELT TOGETHER WET INGREDIENTS: In a small pan over medium-low heat, combine 2/3 cup chocolate chips, 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1 tsp vanilla and 1 tsp coconut oil. Stir over heat for ~2-3 min, just until melted and smooth, but not too hot (chocolate burns quickly). Remove from heat, but keep on stove to stay warm.
- MIX DRY INGREDIENTS: Mix together 2 cups almond flour, 2/3 cup coconut sugar, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 3 scoops collagen powder, 1 tsp baking powder and 1/4 tsp salt in a large bowl. Break up any clumps.
- PUT IT ALL TOGETHER: Add the melted chocolate and eggs to the dry ingredients, then mix well. Fold in the remaining 1/3 cup of chocolate chips.
- SCOOP & SPRINKLE: With an ice-cream scoop (or large spoon), scoop the dough and drop onto the prepared baking sheets. Lightly press down on each dough ball to form cookie shape – they won’t spread much while baking. Sprinkle a few more chocolate chips on top of each cookie and press them in slightly.
- BAKE: Bake cookies for ~9-11 minutes, until center is set and but oh so slightly still chocolatey- gooey. Remove from the oven and cool.
- Peanut Butter Glaze: Melt 1 tsp coconut oil with 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter over med-low heat, stirring continuously for ~2-3 min until smooth. Drizzle cookies.
- Chocolate Glaze: Melt 1/4 cup chocolate chips with 1 tsp coconut oil over medium-low heat stirring continuously until smooth, for ~2-3 min. Drizzle away.
- Finish with sprinkle of sea salt flakes (optional)